Sunday, April 26, 2015

My Role

The role that I will assume is the Producer role. In the workshop we had, I learnt that the producer is responsible for making sure that a high quality movie is produced and that the budget is used appropriately. There are many roles it must assume and some of these are: determine locations, create a shooting schedule, handle problems with actors, create advertisement for the film, etc. 
The reason why my group and I have decided that I should be the producer is because I am very organized with what I do, I'm responsible and whenever it comes to big projects like these, I like to lead and have control of what is going on. By being the producer, my project will be successful because I will try to follow all the steps a professional producer does. For example, I have created a plan of action in which I've told the members of my group which day we will film and where. Also, one of the main roles of the producer is to be constantly speaking with the director and offer creative suggestions to him; therefore part of my plan is to suggest all my ideas to him and together we can come to some agreements. By being demanding and being aware of what is going on, the film and the process of the filming will result successful. Also, once the movie is completely finished and all the editing has been added to it, I will carefully watch it and make sure that everything is how we expected it to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment